Wednesday, October 17, 2007

F.A.C.T.

Am I the only person who finds the anti-piracy warning at the beginning of DVDs somewhat akin to having my eyeballs sandpapered? Personally, I don't give a shit whether Jerry (How many cars can I roll in one film to the accompanying 'daaaamn' from some token prick like Will Smith?) Fuckheimer makes £100m or £200m this year.

If something is really good...I will buy it/pay for my cinema ticket etc. Its that simple.

If its a bit shit, but I have a hangover, then I will happily buy some knockoff Hollywood rubbish to kill a couple of hours.

What I really have an issue with is that blaring: BAA NA NANANANA etc and the ensuing implication that if you buy anything whatsoever from outside authorised channels then you and your whole family will die of gout...or something. It just completely fucks up my DVD experience, its actually an incentive to buy pirates as they don't have that crap.

There was actually an advert on TV recently claiming that pirate DVD sales help fund drugs and arms trafficking. Um, actually I think you will find that drugs and arms sales more than adequately fund trafficking.

Therefore F.A.C.T actually stands for 'fucking annoying cunty twats'. See how mature I am?

2 comments:

m.a. said...

Your facts are amusing, my dear. :)

purplepangolin said...

I was thinking something similar last night. I was tempted to rip the dvd I'd hired and then watch the ripped version.