Monday, October 08, 2007

The best of intentions

I promised myself that this weekend would be spent sorting out my flat/life. I promise myself this every weekend.

However, the reality is generally:


Friday -

Get home from work about 7pm (exhausted and pissed off with boss).

Eat something quick (and extremely unhealthy).

Nip out to the local for a 'quick pint'.


Saturday -

Realise at 10 am the following morning that I am not only still awake, but completely twatted and surrounded by strangers (also completely twatted).

Decide that I must sleep if I am going to be able to get anything done at all in the next few days, and finally doze off about midday Saturday.

Wake up about 6pm absolutely starving and feeling quite fragile, invariably get unexpected visitor (GF, mum etc.).

Relax and recover for the rest of the evening (get wankered) and crash out about 3am.


Sunday -

Emerge from bed about midday realising that I need a cooked breakfast more than oxygen, and head for my local.

Return to flat (generally via Blockbuster) to struggle for the rest of the day and try and humanise myself in time for an 8am start on Monday morning.

Can anybody tell me where my life is going wrong?

2 comments:

m.a. said...

I can tell you. You don't have a maid. Perhaps you need someone to come in and take care of you? Or perhaps you need someone to tell you to not go out for pints on one Friday night a month.

Schedule your surprise visits?

I'm really no help, am I?

Keatonmask said...

I have a cleaner, although a maid (in uniform) would be a great idea.